/What should I do if I find myself in a traffic accident?

What should I do if I find myself in a traffic accident?

• Dial the state wide Emergency Response Hotline 155 (equivalent
to 911 in the USA) from any private or public telephone, to notify the authorities. Ask that to policeman and a police accident investigator come to the scene. If you have any questions, call the Tourist Assistance Hotline (212) 527 45 03
• Do not move the vehicles that are involved in the accident and wait for the police accident investigator to arrive at the scene
• You should call your vehicle insurance company representative.
• Once the police accident investigator has determined who’s at fault, you will be asked to go to the nearest police station, to discuss with other party involved possible mutual settlement agreement concerning payment for repairs.
• At the police station, if necessary, you have have the right to ask for an attorney. If someone is injured in the accident, no matter how slightly, you must go to the nearest Police Station.
• You should find out if your medical insurance policy applies when traveling abroad or overseas. Many travel agents and private companies offer insurance plans that will cover health care expenses incurred overseas, including emergency services such as medical evacuations.