International Tulip Festival begins in Istanbul
The 9th edition of the International Istanbul Tulip Festival organized by the Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality Parks and Gardens Directorate will take place from April 1–30, 2014.
The opening ceremony of the festival will take place in Emirgan Woods, a historic urban park located in one of Istanbul’s finest neighborhoods, along the Bosporus on the European side on April 6th, 2014.
The early species of these types of tulips starting to bloom up in mid-March, are follow to bloom up by normal types of tulips in the month of April and the late blooming types of tulips in May and the people of Istanbul will have such as a visual feast for their eyes with tulips and hyacinths, narcissus and other bulbous plants during the two months of tulip season. Thus, while the city of Istanbul and the people of Istanbul meet their tulips such as Emirgan Woods, Hidiv Woods, Gülhane Park, Bulbous Plants Park, Vatan Street will burst into riot of colors for two months of period.
Especially Woods and Bulbous Plants Park in last year, a total amount of 3 million 500 thousand tulips planted in the central areas of Istanbul that has made positive effects in many parts of Istanbul. Eighty-two kinds of tulips,twenty-seven of which was mainly being planted, have been planted this year from Silivri to Tuzla throughout Istanbul, due to high demand from citizens.
It is preferred to take tulips from domestic producers. The tulip buds were mainly grown in Çumra, a town of Konya, but were also grown by villagers of Silivri, Çatalca, Şile, Pamukova, and Geyve.
THE NUMBER OF TULIPS PLANTED IN PARKS AND GARDENS
– A total of 1.316,000 tulips with 68 kinds have been planted in Gülhane Park
– A total of 2.308.000 tulips with 211 kinds have been planted in Emirgan Woods
– A total of 830.000 tulips with 50 kinds have been planted in Yıldız Woods
– A total of 500.000 tulips with 56 kinds have been planted in Bulbous Plants Park
– A total of 250.000 tulips with 16 kinds have been planted in Beykoz Woods
– A total of 1.800.000 tulips with 150 kinds have been planted in Göztepe Rose Garden
– A total of 500.000 tulips with 18 kinds have been planted in Büyük Çamlıca Woods
– A total of 610.000 tulips with 15 kinds have been planted in Küçük Çamlıca Woods
– A total of 200.000 tulips with 21 kinds have been planted in Fethipaşa Woods
– A total of 450.000 tulips with 23 kinds have been planted in Hidiv Woods